Ways to Make Social Media Buzz around Your Event
If you want to make your event the talk of the town, there is a powerful tool that can help you out – social media. Social media has become one of the best ways to drive awareness and get the attention of a broad audience. Several social media platforms allow you to make your pick and promote your event to the right people.
The only problem with social media is its high popularity. Everyone is obsessed with this digital phenomenon. That is why you need some marketing strategies in order to stand out. The following tips will help you play all the right cards and make social media buzz around your event.
Choose platforms that work for you
Depending on the type of your event, you might choose just one platform and make the most of it or you can utilize all of them.
- LinkedIn – A perfect choice for B2B promotion as well as industry networking. You can use it to make announcements and share company news.
- Facebook – Create an event page, share updates, spread awareness through Facebook groups. You can share event updates, engage followers, and create event pages.
- Instagram – This visually oriented platform can be used for engaging the audience and spreading awareness. Their paid ads have also proven to be very useful in marketing.
- Twitter – You can build excitement about your event through informative and/or engaging posts and hashtags.
- Snapchat — When it comes to a younger audience, Snapchat is great for entertaining them and getting their attention.
Publish visual content
Social media puts an emphasis on images and videos. They are the most sharable and most entertaining for a broad audience.
The statistics show that 68% of marketers have published video content on Facebook, and 70% of marketers plan to use Facebook Video this year. Also, 41% of marketers have used Instagram
All in all, video content is currently highly popular on social media and you shouldn’t miss out on this trend.
Here are some examples of entertaining visual content you can use on social media:
- Introductory video about the event
- Behind the scenes videos
- Getting ready images
- Meet the crew images/videos
- Interesting facts images about your niche
- Images/videos from your previous events (if applicable)